Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How Fabulous is this?

I am in total agreement with my friend, Brenda, when it comes to Facebook. She mentioned how wonderful it is to be in equal communication with friends and family! Hard to keep in touch via emails/letters/phone calls....but Facebook makes it much easier...strange, huh?

On the spur of the moment last night, I had been thinking about a couple relatives in AZ, whom I have not seen in ... years. More than 20 years. Perhaps more than 25 years! I would have to sit down and really do the math...but another time.

So I went ahead and searched for one of them. I was very happy to see he was only 1 out of 2 that I successfully found and sent him a friend request.

Then of course, we became FB friends. And his sister found me through him as well. Actually, he had been talking to his sister at that time and well, she jumped online and got ahold of me! YEAH!

Oh you gotta love Facebook!

This relative is ...my 2nd cousin on my mother's side. So, and he is a giant. I mean, really! Nearly 7 feet tall and he played Frankenstein for Halloween as long as I could remember and I was always amazed at his height and I just adored him. Until I got older, of course, you know how teenagers can become! Oh yeah, I used to be one! I think the last time I saw him and his sister was when I was around 13.

Anyhoo, he had been a Sargent for a police force. I like to imagine what kind of cop he was. Being so tall and very....you just had to know him...I can imagine all the bad guys fearing him!

Through Facebook, I found out he has retired very recently, after serving 28 years, and he had adopted a cute boy, and just recently adopted a 12 day old baby girl. How sweet. I know he and his wife are wonderful parents, and it's just amazing they are able to give a wonderful, warm, loving home for these babies.

His sister, from what I can tell, is residing in New Mexico. I have not heard from her in ages as well, and I have thought about her often.

I know my sisters don't remember them very well, but at least they know we still have family left from my mother's side.

I look forward to being in constant touch with them ... through Facebook.

You gotta love Facebook! :o)

No comments: