Friday, May 1, 2009

Interruptions and Distractions, Oh my!

Ever since I got home, I've been trying to finish writing the final 2 acts of a program I'm doing for Deaf Cafe.

I've already done Act 1 and 2. Now just need to finish Act 3 and 4.

Act 4 is partly written. Act 3 was just a couple lines. I need to think more on how that should develop so maybe Act 4 will inspire me ....

Confused yet?

See, I got home, finished making dinner and was trying to write the scripts. I got distracted with emails and my husband & son constantly coming in to talk with me about one thing or another.

THEN...I got very achy that I needed a hot bath to get the aches out. I had to cancel my evening with Sister #5 because I did not feel so good. I was truly very achy.

It's very difficult to enjoy a nice, relaxing, hot bath with bubbles (almond scented, y'all) and reading a book when you've got people constantly knocking on the door...and knowing my husband is very deaf, he can't hear me say, "GO AWAY!"

I could lock the door, but the family knows how to unlock it. So it's pointless, really.

"Mom, can I have 2 dollars?" (yes/no---go away!)

"Honey, I wanted to tell you about a letter I got...." (tell me later! why now? go away! Shoo!)

"Mother, is it okay if BFF stays the night?" (GO AWAY!)

"Moommmmmmmmm.....I'm hungry. I'm thirsty. Can I go get something from store?" (NO! GO AWAY!)

What part of "go away" do you not understand?

There went my relaxing hot bath. The water got cold from the constant door opening and shutting (like it's a fan or something).

*huffs*

I sit down to start writing some great ideas when I got a phone call. My children's father is in the hospital. I'm trying to give comfort to the kids' grandma. Kinda hard to do that when I'm not really sure what to say.

Then another friend calls me...so I talk with that person for a while...while still being interrupted by my family members.

(what is it, is there a full moon tonight or something?????)

Then Grandma calls back, to let me know the kids' dad is going home from the hospital.

Oh okay thanks. I need to get back to the other person ....call later?

So I call the other person....and the interruptions continued.

Now I sit at this computer and I'm trying to finish it. It is now past 10:30 pm. I'm tired.

Even as I'm blogging, the interruptions continue.

Hm...I really need to lay down the law around here....they already have a few but not when it comes to DC matters---

My other laws:
  • Thou shalt not wake up mother from a nap...unless there's a fire or someone is bleeding to death. The minimum and maximum hour(s) of mother's nap time is 2 hours. Not a minute less, or a minute more.
  • Thou shalt not drink mother's coca-cola without permission. (or Golden Grahams cereal)
  • Thou shalt not talk to mother during her favorite television programs. Only during commercials they may speak.
That's pretty effective so far.

Well, it's late, and I need to crawl in bed and get a good night's sleep. THEN, in the morning, I will brew a great pot of COFFEE and sit at the computer, say a prayer and finish the scripts.

Then all will be right in the world of Deaf Cafe.

Amen.

No comments: