Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Memorial Day Weekend...

We escaped around 4:30 pm on Thursday in our rusty van up towards Sleepers State Park (thumb area of Michigan)....with a few stops along the way---

Arrived safely around 10ish. In. The. Dark.

Ooooh boy.

And bugs attacking me. Wait, was that a mosquito? Whaaaa???

*slap! slap! OW!*

Cleared an area and set up our tent pretty fast. Just as we started to settle down, our friend and her daughter showed up...around 11ish or so.

LATE. (they had lots to do, they said...uhhh huh).

Then they forgot their tent poles.

"Got room for 2 more people---a queen sized mattress?"

Oh sure! My tent is huge...can hold up to 10 people or perhaps 15 very skinny people. Or 30 kids.

I think my friend was shocked at how big it is inside. After all, the inside is always bigger than it looks from the outside.

ZZZZZZZZ......

Friday morning, we woke up to drizzling rain. So, my friend and the kids drove around and I ended up joining them for a trip to Walmart to find a tent...(for her, not me)...and found a nice small one that can sleep up to 4 (skinny people).

It was really very pleasant and I had not been feeling so great so I took a nap and felt better. We cooked lots of yummy food, and such.

Saturday morning was another drizzling day, but it cleared up by lunch time. At that time, I decided after my nap we'll go to the beach and we did.

Got sunburned...awww. But hey, I don't need face foundation for now. I've got started on my tanning by frying my face. My nose is little pretty tender at the moment. Just wait til it starts ... peeeeeeeling.....(ewwww).

Oh yeah, did more garage-saling (sailing? sale-ing?) and ohmygoodnessyouwouldn'tbelievethis!!! but my friend and I scored this twice used canopy tent ...the kind they use at tailgate parties or at festival booths....for fifty bucks (the going rate for those are around $150 or so)...and a cute folding table with 2 camp chairs (with cupholders!) for 25 bucks!

I'm a happy, but broke, girl.

Then...Sunday, what we do Sunday? Another lovely day at the campground, and the weather was cool, but we were able to tolerate that.

Monday we loaded up the van again, and it wouldn't start! So luckily my friend was able to shock it back to life and off we went on our merry way home.

The drive up took around 5 hours.

The drive home took exactly 3 1/2 hours. With only 2 break stops.

Came home, crawled in bed and slept for a couple hours.

Betty (car) was happy to do some running around town with my sister and her husband. I'm glad she wasn't lonely...it made me feel good.

Now I need to find the remote control for my tv...to turn on the CC. Ah.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine would be garage sailing. I sail right by them, since I am a less stuff is more person.
You did a heck of a lot more than I did. I love the rain, but errr not camping. ~Mary