Saturday, October 10, 2009

The sun is back!

It is so nice to wake up to sun shining in my sleepy eyes this morning. We've had a week (ish) of rain...and yesterday I kept reassuring some people, the sun will be out tomorrow!

And Tomorrow is here...Today! Yeah!

Yesterday I swapped my husband for Ashley's friend, K. While my husband hangs out in Flint and participate in Deaf Cafe's program tonight, we will be celebrating K's birthday this afternoon. I plan to bake chocolate cake for her ...probably a 2 or 3 tier? Will I be able to accomplish that feat? Ehhh...we'll see!

So Ashley, K and friends are gonna poke around downtown for our annual AppleUmpkin festival. 2-3 blocks worth of vendors setting up...oh yeah, the parking lot on the next block over, set up carnival rides...and from last night, I know there's a Ferris Wheel! Whoa! It just lit up the night sky last night.

Right at my doorsteps, there will be vendors selling ... flea market kind of "treasures". When one of my sisters used to live here, she always called them...junk. But to others, we know it's a treasure for them.

I probably will poke around just to look around. No shopping for anything. If they have free samples, I will try 'em.

Sometime later today, Ashley and her friends will help K celebrate her birthday with cake and ice cream.

Now if I can only get the dining room put back together....

No comments: