Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh Deer....

I saved a deer's life today.

Early this morning as I drove my sister to work before heading onto work myself, on the country roads, I saw what I thought was a huge dog sitting on the side of the road.

Now, remember, country roads do not have street lights. And it was extremely DARK this morning.

(did I ever mention how much I hate driving in the dark? now you know)

When I slowed down to a rolling stop, the animal turned its head towards me.

It was a huge buck. Buck is male deer, right? Huge antlers. Many points (hunter speak) on the antlers.

I stopped.

He stared at me, then turned around and bounded away.

My sister gasped, "OHMYGOODNESS!"

My heart was in my throat. But I was glad I didn't go too fast, and I'm very thankful I was very alert ...thanks to the yummy coffee my sister lovingly bribed me for ride to work this week....

That buck was...H-U-G-E!

A couple weeks ago I saved a raccoon's life by not letting Betty run over it.

Moving along here....

Today was a challenge for me. The atmosphere (air-wise) at work was really...just something...wrong with it. I wasn't the only one feeling sick-ish.

My teammate was out sick so I had to cover for him today. Not too bad, but didn't realize how time consuming it could be. Because other than doing his stuff, I had to do my own stuff for the first couple hours this morning.

(not complaining, seriously. I do love my job!)

Around 2 this afternoon, I started to get sick. It is something in the air.

Ugh. I hung on until quitting time at 4, and was able to make my escape ....and didn't want to drive on the back roads with constant stop-signs so I took the freeway home. On cruise control.

And trying not to get sick.

Made it home, tossed some money at my family to go feed themselves.

Now I'm feeling better after napping, showering, taking my maxalt...catching up on news and reading John B's deaf devotion.

I suppose I can now say good night...and look forward to another yummy coffee from my sister in the morning.

No comments: