Monday, March 17, 2008

Been gone too long...

I'm back! Sorry it's been ages. There's been a lot going on the past...what? month? But hoping things settle down a bit, and I can start blogging again on an almost daily basis.

At the end of February, I noticed my van was acting up. Apparently it was the transmission. Oh, Lordy Lord...it could've exploded. But good thing my van refused to "go forward" when I started up the car.

The mechanic down the street was very nice and very friendly. We tried to do my first choice, try to repair my tranny. Well, the guy who worked on it didn't come through for us so we ended up having to order a used tranny and put that in. It cost a bit more...yes. So during all of this, a dear good friend of ours "heard a rumor you need to borrow a car until your van is fixed or get another car...." and loaned us his second car...oh the joy of driving a stick shift! So I drove that for 3 weeks.

Well, it was a true God thing...yesterday I got home from church in the late afternoon and got a call from the mechanic. The van's ready! WOW! Then later, I called my friend who loaned me his car, and he mentioned his van was having problems (brakes) so the timing worked out really well! Took the car back to him last night...and I had to re-adjust to driving automatic. I do look pretty hilarious looking for the clutch and the stick. My husband still giggles when he sees me doing that... *pffft to you honey!

Smooth driving. I'm happy. My bank account is crying, but...in a month, we should be good again. I'm just thankful the Lord made all of this possible...and the timing worked out well.

Today's quote of the day: "May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door." — Irish Blessing

Happy Patrick's Day!

No comments: