Wednesday, March 19, 2008

DWTS...

I LOVE watching Dancing with the Stars. I stayed up to watch it last night. Monday night I missed most so that was fine. It was good to see some of my favorites there. I am very tickled to see how this season will turn out.

With Marlee Matlin as one of the celebrities, I held my tongue and wanted to see what she would do, not just for herself, but for the deaf community. I have to say, I'm very impressed! She did wonderfully and I did have to laugh when they showed their first meeting, and their rehearsal...it was fun.

After she did her cha-cha with Fabian (new addition to the line up of professional dancers), I could see off the side her interpreter was wiping tears from his face. She did beautifully, but there is always room for improvement, right? It was very well done.

The other dancers did a wonderful job---the women. I did notice a couple were very uncoordinate or too stiff, but over time, perhaps they'll work out their kinks and stiffness and become more fluid and have fun.

My daughter was so excited to see that Steve Guttenberg is one of them. She remembers watching him as Claus on that cute lovey-dovey christmas love story-movie. Recognized his voice and laugh. He did pretty good for someone who doesn't dance, but sure can be expressive and act!

I read some postings by other bloggers about Penn. Apparently a couple plan to boycott the show because he defiled the crucifixion... and some other stuff. And with him being an athiest, I don't really think religion (or lack of) should be a deciding factor of how a person dances. If I took the time, I'd do some research on Penn. But since I didn't see him dance, I do know he wasn't one of their best dancers (saw a quick review clip---he really did stink in my opinion).

I enjoy the show because I like to see how much work they put into it, how they become who they are. I have friends who like to watch The Haunting or some other shows. I have another who watches the Food Channel religiously. I know of one who discovered the History Channel and enjoys watching that.

All in all, if you have a show you enjoy watching, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You decide and you make the judgment.

It's a rainy day today, and my son is sick...so I am staying home to call doctor later, have him seen. Then stay home. I guess in a way, my van is happy---and my bank account thanks me as well (with the rising gas costs)....

Gonna go cuddle with a blanket and finish the final chapter of a mystery/love story I'm reading and then stretch out on the couch and watch little tv.

No comments: