Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Clean Day 1

Well, today, I attempted to do some spring cleaning.

I left work early for an appointment, and got home in time...with lots of time to kill...

So...I started clearing out that big desk in the kitchen, and dismantled the computer in there.  My husband and I dragged the desk out to the dining room where I felt would work best for us, for everyone. Realized 2 computers can't fit on that w/o bumping into each other's chairs.

So I developed a new idea. Ehhh...will work on that tomorrow.  At least I got rid of 2 chairs ... gave them away to my fun neighbor next door...she can either turn them into outdoor patio chairs by replacing the cushions and getting outdoor kind or just put them somewhere in the house and enjoy the suede cushions. And while helping lug those down to her place, we talked about doing a yard sale in the backyard. Definitely!

So we're aiming for May. I think I'm going to borrow the idea from a church group, their "Make an Offer" kind of deal for the stuff we're getting rid of...just so we can de-clutter our homes.

Now, the kitchen's half empty. I have a piece of furniture in there that needs to be delivered to a friend...and start getting that kitchen more organized.

Okay, I just realized I'm not doing a very good job keeping up with today's posting. I have ... 8 more days before Uncle Dave comes to stay with my kids...and I want the place to be at least decent!

And, really, I'm long overdue for this kind of clean-sweep.

Stay tuned for Day 2...

No comments: