Friday, April 23, 2010

Somewhere in Kentucky...

My husband and I left home around 4:45 pm, and we're driving down to Ridgecrest, NC for a retreat. We did stop in Findlay, OH for a quick bite, and I did good with what I ate.  Then...we tarried on...turning the wheel over to my husband to finish driving through ...Ohio. Until we got close to Cincinnati, we switched. Good thing too, as heavy traffic isn't my husband's strong suit. And besides, I enjoy driving myself. So, I let him enjoy the night lights and sights of Cincy...which was the best decision I've made. Until we crossed over into KY. Yahoo!
\
Drove another hour or so, and we are now north of Lexington. Not bad in one day's drive...or nearly 5 hours of driving. And get this....Betty still has some gas left. Well, a quarter left. So I'm very impressed with her. She handled herself very well.

We'll tarry on onto Ridgecrest. So far, it's been smooth sailing.

And Uncle Dave is with the kids this weekend.  Yeah.

I'm just glad it all worked out, and I know the kids are having a blast with him.

And it's nice to leave w/o worrying about the kids. Uncle Dave is someone who would give up his life for my kids. And he's got the biggest heart (bigger than the universe) so he's a huge blessing.

Well, I know I'm up early but it's purely out of habit. I might fill up the tub and read something for a bit until I wake up my husband, grab the free breakfast in the lobby and jump back on the road. Of course, we'll give Betty some breakfast too....the prices aren't very far off different that the prices in Michigan...maybe by 10 cents. But some of my Michigan friends will say, still cheaper!!!

No comments: