Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday the 18th

Well, I just got home from taking my son in for his eye appt. Turns out he does need glasses. After all, he has his daddy's eyes.

His daddy is blind as a bat without glasses. Josh has been diagnosed with being near-sighted (I learned just now, it means you can't see far), and would need glasses in school...so that's a relief.

At the same time, I ordered prescription sunglasses. I realized how much the sun hurts my eyes, but can't wear regular sun-glasses nor can I get clip-ons for these new glasses that I have now.

So...yeah.

Lately I've been feeling little...oh...sad, maybe? I don't know. I've been going through so many crazy emotions the past few days, to the point I just need to be left alone. Like, not wanting to deal with people or talk to people...other than my own immediate family members.  I guess the past couple weeks just kind of threw me off, and my hormones off whack?  Do I blame it on the time change? What?

So this week, I decided I was going to be in a great mood, no matter what the weather or how other people are behaving. I was going to make them laugh, if I have to tell bad jokes. If I have to go out of my way to amuse people and can still feel good about it, so be it.

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. The library decided to have a potluck. We brought dishes in to share, anything green as possible (nothing moldy, please!) and dress up in green. Whoever has the most green gets to go first in line.

Well, I kind of figured someone else would be more greener than me.  Well, I had green scrub pants on, I had bought a St. Patrick's Day tshirt that was on sale at Walmarts. I had green nail polish, green striped socks, green dangling earrings I got from Josh, green eye make up, and....oh wait for it......wait.....green hair spray!

So, having fun, I made my orzo salad (orzo, feta cheese, spinach, pine nuts and bit of garlic), dying the orzo with green food dye. I was little worried the green dye would hurt the feta cheese but no, I rinsed it well, and thankful the orzo stayed green.

Then I doled out in my finest greenery get-up and arrived at work.  I thought there'd be a face-off or something with someone else, but I won, hands-down. If not for the green hair spray, I might be tied with another person. I was little extreme, I guess.

Oh I love our office parties!

Well, the weather's been lovely lately, and I just want Spring to be here FULL BLOOM, and for summer to roll in. I want to start sitting outside, and just enjoying the outdoors. And I want to get rid of the moody blues...

No comments: