Sunday, May 16, 2010

Next!

Who's next in this family to have a medical emergency? Hm? Anyone? Good. Let's not go out there injuring yourself and needing to be seen. I mean, I don't think my insurance company would enjoy that very much when they see what they have to shell out for.

And I'm not gonna enjoy seeing any bills coming...

Last Thursday I had to take my daughter in as she had a very tender wrist, which was on/off going on for the past couple years. But it got really bad it brought her to tears. So, we took her in, and she either has tendinitis or ..."snuff box" injury.  Small bone in the wrist part where it may have been injured in the past but was so minor, and probably didn't heal properly.

Go figure.

So she has a wrist brace to wear.

And the woman who fitted Ashley for the brace looks like Ms. Trelawney from the Harry Potter movies.

Anyhoo, Josh played in a park yesterday evening and was running around, his foot found a hole and wham! Or, shall we say, OUCH!  So, he limped home in tears and screams. I made him take a bath, then I got out an ice pack and had my own wrap so I wrapped his foot.

Woke him up this morning....not any better than last night, so I sighed deeply and helped him down to the car...and drove over to the hospital mere blocks away  (actually it's 4 blocks away). Got him in, and the nurse who came in recognized me right away. Of course, I'm well known there. I was the bride with kidney stones 5 years ago come August. I was the mom who slashed her finger and needed to make sure she didn't lose her finger (nope, just a deep cut). And I was the mom who had to give permission over the phone for them to x-ray Ashley two years ago when she slammed head-on with a van...and the mom who remained calm during the whole ordeal. So, I've become well-known there.

Just turned out Josh has a sprained ankle and they fitted him for crutches. So, now he's "crutching" around...

And I came home from the hospital and told my husband under no circumstances is he allowed to be next for any medical attention. I've had it. I'm tired of it. I'm DONE!

NEXT!

No comments: