Saturday, May 22, 2010

Feelin' fabulous!

Well, I've been little tight-fisted the past few days trying to stretch out our budget for the rest of this month. And promising my daughter a formal dress before too long.

For her formal dance in 2 weeks.

So, she had gone with friends to a mall in Toledo and fell in love with a dress, unfortunately, wasn't able to put it on layaway or on hold long enough for this mom to come down and check it out. SO....we went to the mall in Adrian and started out in JcPenney's.

Well, after being directed to where the formal dresses are...bear in mind, I went in *ONLY TO LOOK*...with no intention of purchasing anything other than maybe a drink.

Saw a pretty white dress and held it up to Ashley, asking what she thought?  She immediately liked it, and when the tag flipped, I saw it was marked down to 15.97! What?  You kidding me? I looked at the sign on the rack, everything was like up to 75% off, the clearance rack. So I looked on the tag to see the original price...$80.00!!! WOOT!  So, I asked Ashley, think it'll fit? It's her size, so she went in to try it on. Sure enough, when she walked out of the dressing room, she was gorgeous!  So I said, well, hey, it's cheap! So we decided to go ahead and buy it. Forget my plan of *not purchasing anything*.

After paying for it, we decided to visit Payless to get some ideas what styles of shoes to get with her dress. So we go in there, and I showed off the dress to the saleslady, and she sent her assistant to help us find something that might go with the dress.

Well, while we were poking around, looking at some choices, which I didn't really care for, my eye spied a box with a $5.00 price tag on it on the bottom shelf. So I looked closer, pointed at it, "what about that one?"

We pulled it out, and held the cream white heels against her white cream chiffon dress, and it was a perfect match.   Ashley tried it on. She loved it. I said, okay, let's buy it!

Talk about a great deal on a very tight budget.  We felt really blessed by this, and I was just more than happy to make Ashley happy. We will polish it off with my mother's pearls and find some pretty earrings to go with it.

I just felt truly blessed. And Ashley is feeling really good. Being a teenager, finding that dress was exactly what she liked, better than the one she saw yesterday.  And she was very happy we got a very expensive dress at a great deal! We like to tease about that.

We visited a Deb's Store, so she could show me her tomboy friend's dress. I have a very hard time imaging her friend in a dress...she is a true blood tomboy, but I know she will be very beautiful. I cannot wait to see her when I drive them to their dance.   They'll be gorgeous.

How fabulous can this get? Oh yeah!  Prayers have been answered when I myself thought would be little impossible. But waking up feeling very confident and relying completely on God, He provided. Thanks, Lord.

No comments: