Friday, February 26, 2010

How to get rid of kids for the weekend....

I got rid of both kids for the weekend. One kid went to hang out with his uncle's girlfriend's son who is the same age, and only lives about 30 miles from here. They try every way they can to get together...whenever possible. And it was worth driving in this horrible weather to meet halfway to drop him off.

Then, after posting a wish how to get rid of the other kid on Facebook, my daughter comes in to let me know her friend's dad is picking her up to stay the night with her friend, and be involved with the school band lock-down tomorrow. What, did he read my mind or something?

Sweet!  I can sleep in tomorrow! Yesss....

So, I think, in order to get rid of your kid(s) for a couple days, you probably just need to do lots of wishing.

And it helps when the kids' friends are begging: "Mom? Can so and so spend the night with me?"

It's really cool. Try it. It works.

If not, don't shoot me.

No comments: