Thursday, November 5, 2009

This post is brought to you by the number 8..."eighteen!"

My 2 1/2 year old nephew, "Jedi" can read.

Oh yes he can! He's such a smart boy! A genius. Who could not speak for the longest time. Until he had his tonsils taken out.

Last night I went over to my sister's house to use her digital camera to take picture of my son.

As I entered the house, he came running up to me, and bows his head, wanting me to kiss the top of his head. Satisfied, he runs off to hug Josh and play with toys.

After snapping a picture of Josh, I sat down to visit a very short time with my sister.

Jedi comes over with his book with numbers.

He read it to me.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five (he's rapidly pointing at each number as he goes along). Six. Seven. Eighteen! Nine. TEN! I think he likes saying eighteen instead of eight for the number 8.

Recognizes 20, 50 and 100 (I didn't quite catch him saying hundred...)

Yay! We clap hands. Then I randomly pointed out a number to him, he'd shout with glee the number (and correctly!). Eight is still eighteen!

Made such a huge deal.

He probably read it to me 3 or 4 more times. Then I said, I gotta go now....Josh has a lot of homework to do.

He just glared at me. So he reads the book to me. One. More. Time.

Ever since he had his tonsils taken out over a month ago, his vocabulary just burst wide open and talking up a storm. I may be hearing-challenged, but I did love hearing his voice. So sweet.

I'm sure when I see him on Saturday, he'll read the Alphabet Book to me.....I can't wait.

Such a smart boy....

No comments: