Monday, August 17, 2009

Marvelous Monday

It can be such a wonderful blessing to have good friends in town...and make new friends as well.

And great deals on car parts.

Now that Betty is running again....she already had her heart transplant (battery) on Friday. But the alternator was not working. It just got killed with whatever was happening after the heart transplant.

So....today, I only had to order the part and have my friend's mechanic friend spend most of his day working on Betty, under her hood.

Of course he had a struggle with getting the alternator out. Finally came out and was able to quickly put the new one in.

Now she purrs like a tiger. I'm so happy.

I did compliment him for his dedication to get the job done right, and thanked him for his time. Also shared with him that he is very easy to talk with on the phone. It is very rare for me to be able to carry a conversation with anyone on the phone...as a deaf person! My good friend stepped up and told him, "that's a compliment!" One of the few people I can easily understand. He was very clear and articulate so I was very pleased.

Once we got Betty going, I was very happy. And I know I will use him again ...

Now, I can go back to work!

No comments: