Friday, July 3, 2009

Kids!

I guarantee this, you parents out there in the world....every single child of yours that you have will add gray hair to your head. Each one of them will cause your heart to stop or go up in your throat...

Actually, they are my pride and joy. I have NO regrets being a mom to 3 wonderful children. Even though my first child is no longer with us, she was greatly cherished and loved...and everything else. She also taught a lot about life and death. But during her illness with cancer, it has become a very stressful time in my life, being a single mom, working full time and having to care for her and totally ignoring myself. The stress and the heartbreak of caring for a sick child can really take its toll on you. When she passed away, it was the worst experience of my life. As time went on (now 14 years since), it became easier to cope.

Now, last summer, my daughter went ahead and got hit by a van. Most of you remember my posting about that last year. That certainly can add gray hair to your head. The seriousness of the accident, and concussions and bruises/scrapes and bumps....but very blessed she came out of it just fine. However, the van didn't look too good. Actually, worse than my daughter.

Recently my son did something very stupid and scary that I do not wish to share at this time (maybe down the road in the future...). But I know it certainly added few more gray hair on my head. While I'm glad he's okay, he is in big trouble with me.

I am just praying there will be no more surprises and um, I feel quite very old at the moment, with seeing the gray hair growing more and more.

OR, I'll become like my mother, become a silvery white haired woman? That would be something. I think I'd prefer to go all silver when I'm fifty. Not while I'm only 40. 10 more years, please.

So, guess it's time for me to go out and get my hair dyed....to hide those gray hair. Yeah?

No comments: