Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wishes for Friday...

Many kids are wishing/praying/hoping/crossingtheirfingers for Snow Day tomorrow.

My morning commute was good...in fact, it was so smooth, I wondered where everyone was. Where's the traffic, I asked.

And got to work on time ... again.

But, later, around 11:00 a.m., the snow started.

And it snowed...
....snowed....
............snowed.........

Until I had to dig my car out. Why didn't I park in the parking structure? I just wasn't thinking.

And it took me 1 1/2 hour to get home...BUT...I enjoyed the scenery, though. Big fat wet snowflakes floating down....then it really did come down.  Of course we have the usual nervous drivers out there. But I kept my cool.

Not a whole lot exciting things going on right now.  My dad is in the process of "downsizing" his home so he can put it up for market and get himself moved out to Jackson. I did visit him yesterday and we talked a bit. Gave me a couple things and I was able to take away my baby blanket home.  It was sweet. It was little sad to see many things being put away/given away/packed up, etc.  But I'm proud of him for taking the next step in his life.  To prepare himself.

Okay, I got a boy singing in the tub...and he is also fervently praying for Snow Day tomorrow. Wouldn't that be a hoot?  Wake up in the morning and we'll see! 

No comments: