Sunday, January 24, 2010

crazy...

Talk about crazy weather...and crazy week.

The craziness started out with me not getting any sleep last Sunday night, then Monday night I wasn't feeling good, went to work half day on Tuesday but went home to sleep the afternoon off.

Got my strength back to tackle a couple birthday events at the end of the week.

Oh, we had fun, of course. And I baked a very delicious cake...which is a rare thing for ME to say, as I'm not a cake person but...will eat if must.

Opa turned 73, and he truly enjoyed himself. He loved the attention we gave him, and the kids were just having a blast.

Later, I helped my sister with cupcakes to decorate for my niece & nephew's birthday party for the next day...at the Hands-On Museum ...yes, they are sister and brother, born about 4 years apart, but their birthdays are 6 days apart.  So Katelin is 7 now, and Jordan just turned 3. Wow.

We went to the Hands On Museum which was fun, and I have to admit, more fun than any other hands-on museums I've been to. It was loud and rowdy and oh yeah, the chair I tried to sit in slipped out from behind me...(my those floors sure was slippery)....I fell on the floor.  All the kids were sweet and asked if I was okay. I just looked at them, "Oh, I was just practicing how to look stupid falling out of my chair. How did I do?"   All laughed. Phew. 

Today being Sunday, my husband and son went to their friend's house to watch some football and I'm left behind. Which is fine.

It's been such a wet, rainy day, and I'm just happy to find some ibrofren that actually works on me. I feel good...at the moment. Had my coca-cola.  And I'm just relaxin'.

Only bummer thing to happen today is our big screen tv isn't working. We can hear the shows, but we have a complete black screen. We will be calling customer service to find out why it's happening.  It's brand new too...oh well. At least we have another small TV we can use for the moment.

Anyhoo...I'd love to see some sunshine.  Please?

No comments: