Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday the 14th...

Yesterday was the 13th. Not that it matters or anything but...my dad never showed up to pick up my son from school...thankfully my son was able to grab the bus before it left.  My phone/internet/cable was out (again)...drove home on gas fumes, had spaghettios, mashed potatoes and rice for dinner. How's that?

This morning, I was able to fill my car up with gas....a full tank!  When did they raise it to 2.79??? Ehh...better than over 3.00 a gallon or something. But no matter. I was just happy that today started out much better than yesterday.  My phone is (now) working. I need to contact the cable company to come out and take another look at the wires or whatever outside my building. My neighbor had given up and canceled the company and switched over to a phone company that provides internet service. No cable for her, but she's happier with a phone and internet that has fewer problems than our cable company.

As I went to my library's (workplace) cafe, the poor girl behind the counter was having a very bad morning. She knocked out all the coffee beans, and I just patiently stood there eating my cheese sticks while waiting for her. Probably took her 10 minutes to finally get it all together.

I said to her, be thankful it's not Thursday the Thirteenth.

Anyhoo...not a lot of exciting things going on at the moment, so really nothing much to report. The weather has gotten better, so the commute is a bit better.  I should be thankful for that.

No comments: