So, we’re off to a new start this year. So many things has happened last year. Looking back, I’d say, “whoa!” and move forward with 2012.
Why did I say that?
Well, first, 2011 was not all that bad. Yes, I’ve had many struggles in my personal life, and I still came out standing strong. There were many good things that have had happened.
So, let’s see…the good stuff:
· Got a promotion and an excellent supervisor to work for.
· The raise is nice, but that’s not why I went for the promotion.
· I went for the promotion to show that I can succeed as a deaf woman.
· The Deaf Ministry at my church has an excellent leadership team, and we have been striving very well so far.
· Growing in my relationship with all of my friends.
· Spending a lot of time with my sisters and their kids. My niece and nephews are all the biggest joy (yes, along with my own 2 kids)
· My children healthy and happy.
· Most of my bills are caught up.
The bad stuff? Meh, the bills that had taken a long time to catch up to pay off. Minor car woes. Dealing with a very personal family crisis. Dealing with my own personal issues.
2012 is here.
I’m still enjoying my job, and the great working relationship with my office mates and my supervisor. My deaf ministry is still standing strong, and I’m excited to see what plans God has for us.
Another exciting thing for me to look forward to is going on a mission trip to Nicaragua with my daughter and a group from my church. We’ll be going in June and it’ll be my first time experiencing an out of country mission trip! The team and I are doing fundraising to help fund our trip.
We also have made a decision as a family to move closer to my job, and of course to my baby sister and her family. J The commute is killing me, and while I love living here in Tecumseh, there is really no family left anymore. So it’s time for us to move on and be closer to my job, to our church, etc.
Personally, I’ve made some decisions regarding the things I, Kirstan, want to do. I want to go back to school. I want to complete college and get a degree in something. I want to set up a deaf women’s ministry or do something related to that. I want to do so much and I know I need to slow down a bit and start taking notes and putting them together. An excellent friend of mine has told me few times to just simply jot down my ideas and get it organized. THEN, take it from there.
Baby steps. And we’re heading into 2012….and I’m excited to see what it will bring.