Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tornados in January???

That's what EVERYONE has said. Even in other people's blogs! Oh how hilarious. California got hit with snowstorm while we were getting their warm weather. I live in Michigan, so we should be dealing with snowstorms at this time of the year. Why, just last week we had to shovel ourselves out of the snow! Strannnnge world we live in.

Happy New Year, everyone. I just received the cutest, darling-est pictures of my nieces. Aw. Can't wait to show 'em off at work tomorrow. This week started off very well. Well, in a way, I mean. First, my supervisor was in a very good mood. Even when I told her I was working half a day and going to a funeral in the afternoon. I think the christmas break we all took (the big shots gets 2 weeks off, whilst I get only a week and half off ...technically 10 days) was just what the doctor ordered.

My pastor's brother passed away last week. The funeral was yesterday. It was a very nice ceremony, and I really liked the music and one sister's sharing comments about their brother. Very touching. And it was good to see some of the family members I've not seen in a while. There was surprises as well, but nevertheless, it was good to see them. I found out my pastor's niece plans to come check out our Deaf Cafe-Flint program this weekend! YAY!

I have heard my grandmother isn't doing so well. So my youngest sister and I are planning to fly out first week of February to go down to Yuma, AZ. Visit with her, and at the same time, visit my brother-in-law who recently moved there a few months ago. It'll be good to see my grandma, but also my inlaws. Haven't seen him since my wedding 2 years ago.

I know this is not a very exciting post today. Sorry. When something comes to mind, I will share something.

Ahh....we'll be getting snow tomorrow night. And they threatened us with tornados last night. *sigh*

No comments: