Monday, October 29, 2007

All about me...

Hi! I'm Kirstan. I'm happy to meet you! I hope that my blogs will enlighten you, make you laugh, make you think, and just have a grand time visiting with me! I welcome your thoughts and your comments...at any time. I will be sharing with you my experiences as a deaf woman. My trials and my joys growing up, and who I am today. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and join me...

I was born nearly 39 years ago (okay, my birthday is on Friday...that's very many, many years to me, almost 40!)---and I live in Tecumseh, Michigan. I am a mother of 3 children. Rachel, Ashley and Joshua. If Rachel was still here today with us, she would be 17 years old. 13 years ago she passed away from cancer. Ashley is 11, going on 15 years old. Already acting as a teenager. Joshua is my active 7 year old son. I have been a single mother for many years before meeting my husband, Tony, and marrying him 2 years ago in a wonderful, unique wedding (okay, I'm not a very traditional person....will describe it some other time). I am actively involved in my church deaf ministry, and also an outreach ministry called Deaf Cafe-Flint, Michigan. Those are my passions. My family are also involved with Deaf Cafe also.

I have had different adventures in my lifetime. I've had so many tragedies in my lifetime. I've had so many blessings as well. All these things makes me a stronger person, who I am today.

Bear with me as I learn to blog from this site, and to update it as frequently as I can.

Thanks for sharing a cup of coffee with me....

No comments: