Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hurtlin' towards 2010

Hard to believe 2009 has gone by so fast.

In fact, December is coming to an end...too fast.

WAIT! SLOW DOWN!  

I know many of us are trying to keep up, and sometimes we feel we are so way behind, when will we ever have time to ...like, you know...catch up?

Today I met a friend halfway to pick up my son.  We hung out in McD while our sons romped in the Playland. The friend and I chatted about many random things.

See, earlier, I had been fighting off a migraine...it was one of those very stubborn ones...and no meds I had at home would work. Finally, before I headed out to Brooklyn (Michigan!) to meet up with the friend, I stopped at CVS to get something something.  I got the excedrin's migriane and popped a couple. Drank some coke (I know, I know...I should have had a tall glass of water with that...) and headed out for the 25 minute drive Out West.

Ordered a kids' meal for Josh, and a yogurt parfait for me, chatting with the friend, I started to forget the pain in my head.

Midway during our conversation...it was gone. YAY! 

I thanked her for that.  With many people I know being gone for the holidays, it's kind of hard to meet with friends in person and just...chill out.  She needed it, and I needed it. It was awesome.

I'm starting to look forward to New Year's Eve. I am excited to try my latest recipe on my friends...the bacon wrapped water chestnuts. I know my friend's husband will fall in love with it and try to sneak off with the tray. Yeah. He tends to do that a lot, every time I bring something delish-ious over.

Annnnd....I think I will make that heart-clogging dip as well.  So easy to make.That, I know, will be gone in matter of seconds.


For 2010, it will be a new start, a new year of new beginning and a new chapter in my life. No looking back, but moving forward...and looking forward to what God has planned for me. 

No comments: