Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bakin' away

Oh, come on into Kirstan's Kitchen.

I'm trying out a couple recipes.

Apple Pie Party Dip. That is with 1 1/3 cup of peeled, diced up apples. Then 2 tsp of apricot preserves mixed with it, and a couple teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (I squeezed a lemon to death for this one), then toss in some cinnamon and stir it up. Chill it for a while. Well, I put it in the fridge for overnight. It looks like a fruity salsa. Then to go with it, to make your own cinnamon tortilla chips. I was fortunate to find freshly made tortillas and cut those up, spread butter on those and sprinkle cinnamon over it (yeah, cinnamon with sugar) and bake for a few minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.

Hmmm....

At the same time I made sugar cookie dough last night and this morning just baked a couple batches. I made my own icing (powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, stir it up then add food color for color)....Since I couldn't find my christmas cookie cutters I just rolled them in balls and let them become...."ornaments". And with those, it was easy to dip them in the icing. I had several different sprinkles to decorate so I did that.

I originally planned to make eggnog bread BUT...I do not have a loaf pan. SO...that will have to be done some other time. *darn*

Oh yes let's not forget the usual cheese & cracker tray and pepperoni slices.

We will leave around here about 1:30 or so and head out to a sister's house that is on the lake. She has 3 daughters...all under 6 years of age. Busy mom. And it'll be a fun-filled house.

What are you guys up to today? What are you guys bakin'?

Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments: