Thursday, August 21, 2008

Long time no see!

A dear friend of mine came out yesterday for dinner and for a much needed visit.

The day started out with...let's wait and see what I'm in the mood for dinner. Knowing there would be an ice cream social in the afternoon, I know my appetite will change.

My friend contacted me asking what he could bring. I basically said, "a big appetite!"

Well he sure did.

What did we have for dinner? Well, I picked up a couple pizzas from Little Caesar's. $5.00 per pie...a good deal. However, when both pies were completely consumed, there went my hopes for a slice or two for my lunch.

Ah. Talk about hungry guys.

My friend shared with us about his sister, who is dying from cancer. I feel for him. I do pray I've given him some comfort knowing I'll be there if he ever needs me.

My husband is pretty quiet. He doesn't say a whole lot. If there is silence, usually I'll pick up and make some noise and keep going...having a fun time of laughter and jokes. But also some serious moments.

I'm very glad he doesn't live too far from us. Only oh...ehh....40 minutes? I'll have to ask him.

We plan to see more of each other.

Dear friend, please remember you and your sister and family are in my prayers.

No comments: