Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Paying it forward

I have a new good friend in town. She is a recent divorced mother of one child. Her son and my son are practically best friends. She and I have become pretty good friends.

She was generous to help me out a teeny bit by giving me little bit of gas money to last me until Saturday. I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

Then later this evening, she emailed me asking if I was still up? She needed to borrow my printer so I printed off some documents for her. Hopefully this form I printed out for her is a job being offered to her. She would be able to work from home!

So she came over to pick up her forms, and brought me some frozen chili. Wow. She didn't have to do that!

But she insisted, and it was truly a blessing.

It's funny though, she and I share a birthday one day apart...and our names start with a K, and our exes names were Fred....hmmm...her son's name is named after the dad, but we call him Freddie. I almost named Joshua Fred the 3rd, but I was able to convince the dad to give Josh his own name (WHEW!).

I know God put us together for a reason. I'm very pleased. Continuing to pray for her as she succeeds in getting this job she's working on. If this one is the one for her, it will really be wonderful. She does have a good spirit and I admire her for it.

Well, it's late, and need to throw my kids in bed.

Then I'll chill out myself and wait for my husband to come home from a men's bible study.

Good night.

No comments: