Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Halfway there...

Am I looking forward to the weekend! It's been such a crazy couple days. Yesterday I have hit the 18 years milestone working for Eastern Michigan University. While my evaluation was a "tough pill to swallow", I am very appreciative of my current supervisor. I had no idea my former supervisors thought so badly of me. That's too bad...if I had known, I would have worked things out with them.

This brings me to another subject. When people have issues, I know there are people who are confrontational, and others who aren't. We have aggressive people. We have quiet people. Usually when I have an issue with someone, I try to look at the issues from all points of views and then I try to see how I reacted or behaved about/during that incident(s). Then I try to work things out. When the other person isn't willing to discuss or resolve these issues, it can cause a lot of friction in friendships, or any type of relationship.

So, I took a long hard look at myself, and my past behavior, I may have been wrong in some areas. I didn't realize I had reverted back to some annoying habits and promised my supervisor I'd change my ways.

The ending of my evaluation meeting with my supervisor was very nice. She is rooting for me. She said, "You can do it, Kirstan!" and smiled.

I felt lot better.

Well, my break time's over, so I better get back to my work desk. 2 more days til the weekend.

La la la.........

No comments: